Fall 2019 Groups
You know as much as anybody that it's important to be connected. It's hard to connect with others and build lasting friendships. We know that community is more than showing up for Bible study. It's also sharing food, laughing till it hurts, and doing what you love to do with your favorite people. Would you like to be part of a life-changing group?
What will my group do?
It depends on the kind of group you choose! Some groups serve on the same team at church. Others study the Bible together. And some get together to enjoy a shared interest, such as sports, volunteering, or topics like marriage or parenting. But all of them will work to point you to a growing relationship with Jesus, to serving others, and to sharing life together as a group.
How long do groups last?
Every group is different, but most small groups will meet weekly or every 2 weeks; they'll often study a topic for 6-8 weeks, and have fun times and service weeks as well. Life continues through the summer, and we encourage our groups to as well!
When and where do groups meet?
Groups meet on different days and times throughout the week. Some meet every week, and others every other week,
Groups meet in homes, restaurants, at the church, or even coffee shops. Some groups play sports or go for a hike. Others do mostly Bible study and service. We can help you find a group near you and in a stage of life you’re in.
Is childcare provided?
Some group members share the responsibility of watching the kids, split the cost for a sitter, or make other arrangements. Let us know if you would like to join a group with a childcare option.
For more information about our groups, or to join a group, please contact us:
fall 2019 groups
1. 9:15AM Apologetics, defending the Christian Faith with Kevin Casper Fellowship Hall
2. 11:00AM Youth and Young Adults: Discipleship Academy “Deepen your faith in Jesus and your understanding of the Gospel” with Pastor Graham Coffee Room
3. 11:00AM Through the Bible with Bill Creasy – Led by Kevin Casper in the Fellowship Hall
4. 6:00PM Young Adults meet for fun, food and activity. Go to Lakeland Young Adults on Facebook, for activity that evening or contact Celine @ 780-545-7188
5. 6:00PM Prayer meeting at church: Contact Lloyd 780-201-2817, ONGOING IN THE PASTORS OFFICE
6. 9:30AM Moms with kids: meets at the church in the fellowship hall. Children play while the moms share, study, and drink coffee. Call Rachel @ 780-545-8854 . Follows school calendar so check dates! START OCTOBER 7
7. 7:30PM Men’s Group with Curtis Peregrym – Video Series “Becoming Godly Men” in the church coffee room, Contact Curtis 780-573-0041
8. 9:30AM Seniors Bible Study: hosted and led by Syl & Lil Stover, 4016-38 Street. Studying Video series “Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World” by Dr. David Jeremiah Contact Syl 780-614-4197.
9. 6:30PM Handling Life’s Emotions – Adult Study – at Pastor Dave’s, 4104 47 Street START SEPT 24
10. 7:30 PM Parents & Couples, meeting in different homes, text Ben Smith 780-812-9329 for details
11. 7:30 PM Mixed Adults Meeting at the Church Contact Kevin or Amanda Detert for info 780-812-2768
12. 9:45AM Ladies Bible Study: at the church , contact Vaunda 780-201-5440.
13. 6:00PM Mixed adults with Chris (@ Mosterts): East of Bonnyville 5 min. at 61214 C RR452, starting with a potluck meal, Contact Chris 780-573-8950. Every second week.
14. 6:30PM Mixed adults with Lorne and Gianne: at 61215 RR442 East of Bonnyville 10 min, starting with a potluck meal . Contact Gianne at 780-573-4068.
15. 6:30PM Strengthening Marriages with Gary & Tharine, at the church with babysitting, every 2 weeks, Contact Tharine 780-573-3692 or Gary 780-573-6606.
16. 4:30PM Sisters In Spirit with Claudia: Study “Choose Joy” by Kay Warren and prayer. Call Claudia at 780-826-4862 for dates and times.
17. Elderberries – First Monday of Each Month – at BBC in Fellowship Hall, Age 55+ Mary Koziol Leader, contact her at 780-826-5721 – start times vary thru out the year so call for specifics –
18. Men’s Breakfast – Usually the first Saturday of each month – 7:30-9:00am Come for breakfast and fellowship. Call church office for more info 780-826-4801 Starts October 5
START/HOST A Group
What if you could help more people find and enjoy that kind of laughing, caring, and growing community? Many people think they can't be a host or help lead a group. Let us tell you - in Christ, you can. Ask us how:
Uniquely designed for children newborn-6th grade where the Bible is taught in a creative and relevant way allowing children to grow in their relationship with Jesus.
Students Junior High-College can connect with God, with other students, and with committed leaders that are dedicated to equipping the next generation to be the spiritual leaders of tomorrow.
Because you weren't meant to do life alone, our Adult Ministries are designed to empower adults to experience connection and foster spiritual growth.